Sales enablement is a strategic and data-driven approach to sales that is designed to increase the productivity and effectiveness of your company’s sales team and increase sales opportunities. Sales enablement also includes the practice of aligning marketing and sales teams to help nurture leads into sales opportunities and upsell opportunities.
According to a Demand Metric study, there nine different tasks that potentially fall under the sales enablement or sales nurturing umbrella. These tasks include coaching, onboarding, content creation, cross selling opportunities, analysis of performance, integration of new channels, on-boarding practices, sales strategy development, and other duties.
Learn more about sales enablement best practices.
Sales Enablement Statistics
30-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first – InsideSales
Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads. (DemandGen Report)
37% of companies don’t know which campaigns/content yield Sales results (Aberdeen: Ostrow, 2013)
75% of survey respondents reported that sales enablement made a moderate or significant contribution to their sales forces. — Demand Metric
“If it doesn’t apply to the buyer’s journey, we just don’t do it.” – Shelby Dawirs, director of corporate campaigns at Logi Analytics
“Your competitor can copy your product or service, but they can’t copy the relationships you build.” – Brian Goonan, partner at Ernst & Young
Only 30% of CMOs have a clear process or program to make marketing and sales alignment a priority (CMO Council)
Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate. (CSO Insights)
38% of CMOs say that aligning and integrating Sales and Marketing is a top priority (Type A: CMO Council, 2014).
88% with effective sales enablement functions classified their organizations as “very strategic.” — Demand Metric
Only 30% of the content that marketing teams put together is actually used by Sales (Sirius Decisions: Bégin, 2014).
86% of B2B buyers access business-related content on mobile devices (Genwi)
Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- Demand Metric: http://www.demandmetric.com/
- Logi Analytics,Ernst & Young, from the Hubspot Blog post focusing on quotes from the 2015 Forrester Sales Enablement Forum – http://blog.hubspot.com/sales/tweetable-quotes-from-forrester-sales-enablement-forum
- CMO Council, Sirius Decisions,CSO Insights – http://mobilepaks.com/sales-enablement-stats/
- DemandGen report – Calculating The Real ROI From Lead Nurturing, http://www.demandgenreport.com/industry-resources/white-papers/204-calculating-the-real-roi-from-lead-nurturing-.html
- Genwi – http://genwi.com/
- The Annuitas Group – http://annuitas.com/