Websites contain a multitude of facets, and sometimes it is difficult to know where to begin in the web design or development process. Designers might stand to benefit from adopting a consumer-centric approach and taking a gander at website viewer statistics. We have compiled a list of ten to help you get started.
Improve your website with these statistics.
- 48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business
- 94% of people cited web design as the reason they mistrusted or rejected a website
- 72% of people entrusted online reviews just as much as personal recommendations
- 40% of people ventured away from a website if it loaded for more than 3 seconds
- 44% of mobile users reported that navigating a web page was difficult and 6% complained of difficulties interacting with it
- 62% of companies which designed their website(s) for mobile platforms increased their sales and 64% of companies that designed their website for tablets increased sales.
- Colors increased web recognition by 80%. Sites with dark color schemes increased growth by 2% whereas sites with lighter color schemes experienced 1.3% growth
- 70% of people looked at lists with bullet points. 55% looked at lists without bullet points
- 67% of shoppers were more likely to buy from a website that is compatible with mobile devices
- 27% of sites use HTML5. Those sites account for 49% of page views
Sources for 10 Web Design Statistics:
1) SME Website Statistics. February 27 2014. Rareform New Media.
2) 2012 Mobile User Survey. Keynote.
3) Why Good Website Design is So Important: The Stats and Figures to Prove It. September 3 2013. instantShift.
4) Responsive Web Design & Stats That Will Make You Consider Using It. July 2013. SPYDERWEB.
5) Does Good Web Design Really Matter? December 19 2011. The Daily Egg.
6) Stats That Make the Case For Smarter Web Design. August 14 2013. Fifty and Fifty.