The National Association of the Deaf (NAD) is suing Netflix for not comforming to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as they do not provide captions for the majority of their online streaming videos. According to the suit, ADA law requires that all places of entertainment must offer “full and equal enjoyment” for individuals with disabilities. According to this suit, the NAD is attempting to classify Netflix under Title III of the ADA. Netflix has made an attempt to add captions to a number of titles–albeit limited in selection.
- 1 million advocates. History. Artists. And the next Coltrane.
- The historic Lower East Side meets its future. And its digital.
- Building a platform for a community that cares.
- In store. Online. Infusing digital into a nationwide retail chain.
- Commerce. Conversion. Magic. A modern approach to gallery.
- A community-based publishing platform that stands alone.
- Tools for market. Our API calendar and online ticketing system.