Apr 16, 2015 12:00:00 AM
According to Ovum, MVNO global subscriber base is projected to reach 185 million by 2015, and with this growth, MVNOs will race to add features, partnerships and add-ons to their service to win this race for subscribers.
This level of growth presents an excellent opportunity for communication service companies to capitalize on this lucrative market. As MVNOs continue to grow and expand, they will only need more assistance configuring device settings, updating firmware, and simplifying device management--not to mention adding attractive features, customizations and other value propositions to their networks.
The key to attracting MVNO leads is to meet them where they are. The reality is that CIOs, CTOs, and VPs of MVNO companies are currently researching solutions to their problems and new technologies online. The communication service companies that show up in their research as credible experts offering guidance and industry news are the companies that will inevitably make the short list.
MVNOs have a host of needs to meet in order to act as strong competitors. Partnerships with communication service companies, IT firms and other partners are critical to increasing an MVNO's value proposition and effectiveness in market. These needs extend throughout an MVNOs business, including the application platform, subscriber management, billing systems, CRM functions, branding, B2C communications and added value arrangements (apps, content and business partnerships).
To become visible to MVNO leads as a trusted advisor or partner, you'll need to embrace a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that specifically targets this market. To that end, here are five B2B lead generation tips for communication service companies looking to attract MVNO leads:
1. Document a content strategy. MVNO CIOs, CTOs, and VPs are researching new technology and business solutions online. In order to attract this market, your company needs to show up as an expert and trusted advisor during their research stage. To do this, you’ll need to speak their language. Identify what your prospects are searching for and create content specifically for them. For example, produce content around the latest technology that is likely to interest MVNO leads, such as "5G and the Internet of Things." Or, focus on solving their specific problems by offering guidance on topics that are specific and relevant, such as "M2M device management" and "service deployment best practices for the Internet of Things."
See related article from Ironpaper: Defining a content strategy for the Internet of Things
2. Create educational content. Create content on your company's website that directly communicates how your products and services can help MVNOs reduce costs, power their offerings, expand their value perception and simplify device configuration and management. To begin, we recommend creating white papers, case studies, videos, product specs and definitions, blog content, and interactive content. For topics, consider building your content around industry trade shows; upcoming events; and MVNO pain points, goals, interests, and needs.
3. Leverage gated content. 80% of B2B content marketing assets are gated -- Starfleet Media.
Gated content is premium, branded content that visitors can only access after completing a form and providing key information, including their contact information, job title, location, and company name. Once the form is complete, the prospect gains access to the content and your company can nurture the lead with continuous, targeted communications. From there, you can use progressive profiling to collect more detailed information from leads over time--helping to dive deeper into their needs, problems and opportunities.
When using gated content to generate MVNO leads, focus on creating in-depth, valuable resources that directly address their specific needs and interests. Make sure MVNO prospects will immediately understand that this piece of content was created specifically for their market. For example, a white paper that provides all the necessary elements MVNOs need to reduce the costs involved with service deployment and the management of M2M devices. Feature this content on your website, in newsletters, and on social media, and enlist your advocates and influencers to do the same.
4. Embrace social selling. Social selling involves connecting with MVNO prospects via social tools, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. In action, it looks like interacting with them on social media, answering their questions, and sharing helpful content. These consistent interactions nurture the lead over time until they are ready to make a buying decision.
When using social selling to attract MVNO leads, the first step is to identify qualified prospects. To do this, you'll need to create a profile of your target customers, using indicators such as company, job title, and shared connections. Locate prospects who fit this profile on social media, and engage them. Share and comment on their content; answer their questions; discuss industry trends; and share helpful resources that will guide them through the decision-making process.
5. Embrace website personalization. Website personalization is becoming increasingly important for B2B companies in all industries because it's an extremely effective way to generate qualified leads. Personalization ensures that your website is easy to navigate, relevant, helpful, and an appropriate representation of your company. It drives MVNO leads by making sure your company delivers the right information to the right customers -- exactly when they need it. Furthermore, it enhances your reputation; creates meaningful and efficient interactions with buyers; and ultimately drives sales.
To begin, segment your MVNO leads from the other prospects on your list. Develop messaging specifically for them, and speak to your web design company about automatically displaying only relevant content to that segment.
First-party data marketing
SEO for B2B
Customer journey strategy
Marketing for IoT Companies
B2B Product Marketing
Demand Generation for Manufacturing Companies
Go to market strategy
Marketing for IT Companies
B2B lead generation
B2B Marketing and Growth Agency.
Grow your B2B business boldly. Ironpaper is a B2B marketing agency. We build growth engines for marketing and sales success. We power demand generation campaigns, ABM programs, create B2B content, strengthen sales enablement, and improve B2B marketing efforts.