Ironpaper’s B2B Consultant role focuses on helping B2B companies understand and break through business challenges that hinder their growth efforts.
The mission of this role is to accelerate growth by improving operational efficiency, value propositions, processes, and priorities related to marketing, sales, and customer experience (CX). This role will work both independently with clients and within a team structure for larger engagements.
Consultant skills & expectations: must bring leadership experience in both sales and marketing; understands business-process improvements, applies a highly analytical mindset, asks detective-like questions to power root-cause analysis, and can articulate and present their ideas to B2B leaders.
Leadership experience needed for this role:
- Experience with client consulting or similar professional services (leadership)
- Marketing and sales experience
- Experience improving customer relationships
- Excellent articulation skills
- Experience with B2B sectors such as tech, SaaS, software, B2B healthcare, manufacturing, energy, professional services, or a combination of both
- Ability to lead interviews, workshops, and strategy sessions with clients
- A desire to keep learning
- Humbleness and respect for others -- someone who is genuinely nice
- Comfortable with marketing, sales, and customer experience technology (or analytics)
- Expert in research and using analytics to develop methods
Context on this role: Ironpaper’s core service offering provides digital marketing and sales enablement solutions. We have identified that many companies lack the operational or cohesive framework to maximize the value of intelligent investments in marketing and sales. Ironpaper will help clients improve their marketing, sales, and CX investment strategy with this consulting role. Additionally, we will improve processes, become more efficient, improve agility, understand buyer needs, and strengthen the business engine that supports the growth engine.
This role will assess a client's sales, marketing, and CX challenges through project-based or retainer-based consulting relationships. The work product of these engagements may vary from producing a road map to leading a transformation effort using agile processes. This consultant must be able to speak to a multi-faceted approach to solving B2B challenges.
Needs of a new service offering: This consultant would be responsible for building out this service model, including SOW formats, potential team needs (new team members as the business model grows), case studies, etc. This new service offering will begin with assessments, roadmaps, and strategy documents. It may evolve into process improvements, technology-process enablement, mission-vision design, and framing value propositions.
- 401(k) Benefit, with matching up to 4%
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Work from Home & Paid Time Off
- Summer Fridays