Sometimes it’s a good idea to look beyond your organization’s four walls to find shareable content.
Rebroadcasting fantastic, third-party content can be a perfect way to participate in a social community as a brand. Certainly the rebroadcasted content should be noncompetitive and complementary.
The rebroadcasted content can be beneficial in a number of ways for social media marketing, including:
- Relatively easy to create
- May earn reposts or acknowledgements from the source author
- Can stir up dialogue among community members and influencers
- Gives the brand freedom to explore new subject matter
- Can drive informal partnerships that may have on-going cross-promotional value
Ideas for enriching rebroadcast content
- Add an opinion
- Add depth or a fresh perspective
- Provide context
- Ask a question
- Ask for feedback
- Provide historical perspective
- Interview thought-leaders on subject
- Reward customers, fans or loyalty by reposting or sharing
3 benefits of retweeting for brands
- Retweeting can benefit your followers by providing interesting, helpful, meaningful or trending ideas or data. This can make your brand be perceived as current, useful, interesting or entertaining.
- Allows for more content options in your stream, which can build visibility.
- Helps to build relationships with other people, blogs, publications and brands.